Solitude

Recently came across the article "The Call for Solitude" - I appreciate the importance of having a solitude once at regular intervals - this gives me an oppurtunity to spend some time in a calm and serene environment sans any distrubance to think and introspect more. Getting time for oneself is becoming very difficult in this wired and weird world.

Getting the lone time is only in our hands ....When we decide to make certain that we need time to introspect and improve ourselves, we should consider this zero hour as time well spent in getting us to the next level. A few factors that we can do to get this time .....

1. Get out from the regular commotion.
2. Alienate yourself from any electronic gadgets.
3. Get a few sheets of paper and pencil/pen.
4. Have some nice music flowing in the background - something that is smooth and enhances the brain activity.
5. Try to spend atleast 30-45 mins trying to question on what you are doing and how you can go forward.

I had been practising this type of solitude till a few years back. It was really great. I generally used to listen to a music cd with water flowing / go near a lake / fountain and I would get some nice time to be near nature for some time. Once in a while, I also take some long walks, so that I have time to get to know more about myself.

With increasing responsibilties - personal & professional-wise, I hope I can get some more of this solitude in the near future to more forward ahead.

2 comments:

Who Cares? said...

Couldn't agree more. I have been practising this since the last 3-4 years or may be more. I prefer going out alone for a long walk.

One humble request, please publish 'Full' RSS feeds. Thanks!

Who Cares? said...

Thanks a lot buddy! :)
Full feeds are being published now.